30 August 2010

"Resist the Urge to Hang Out With Your Cell Phone"



So, like I've said before, I have these life changing epiphanies on average about once a week! haha... and it's always something small, that can be just the shift I need to make a move into the right direction... that ripple in the water that could change the tide.

I am one of those people that can drown in a glass of water (or whatever the saying is). I mean, I'm not the best swimmer, but I have the skills required not to drown. But I tend to forget these things... moving your arms and kicking your legs... ok, enough with trying to be all metaphorical... I have a tendency to feel sorry for myself and throw these huge pity parties... and then it's all I want to talk about. and I go on and on and on and on.... about the same damn thing. then I feel worse because I have now magnified a problem and focused on the "why me?" instead of focusing on the "how am I going to handle this?"

as people of the world we need to stop asking why and starting thinking how.

I didn't make that up... or maybe I did? or maybe this is just an interpretation of something that I heard one day. either way, it's relevant to what I need to do in my life. I am so blessed. I forget this sometimes. I think that God sees us losing focus and reminds us of what we need to focus on. I know that I have lost sight from time to time. I am thankful that I have people that remind me. 

I like to pretend that I don't care what others think. I am easy to see "eff that. who cares!" but really I'm saying "I really care a lot, about myself, what you think of me, and what I think you think of me" ...someone told me once that I need to stop making assumptions about what others think/perceive. Assumptions make an ass of you and me. haha. 

After much reflection and much needed purging of my material world, I'm learning to let go. let go of assumptions, let go of feelings of inadequacy, let go of the actions of others, let go of the notion that I am in this world to impress. I need to let go of the frame of mind that I need to worry about what others may think, and just live right by me. 

A friend of mine sent me this awesome poem/video. I love it! (a quote from said poem is where the title of this entry came from) I think more than the overall message of being on your own or being alone, I got out of it the need to NOT conform to societal norms. I feel like I don't, but I do... but really I want to not conform, but I am by nature a conformist inside a non-conformists body. lol Not sure that makes sense.

I need a revolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment