22 August 2010

Every Night I Pray

I don't consider myself to be the most religious person. I love God.  By association you could say I'm Catholic.  I grew up in the church with first communions and confirmation classes.  We prayed the Rosary and went to church every Sunday.  As I've gotten older, my relationship with the Church changed.  And especially after the death of my beloved Abuelita Lupe, I built up a huge resentment toward God.  I was so upset and hurt and felt betrayed that such a beautiful woman inside and out could be taken away from this world in such a terrible way. I don't speak of it much.  Honestly, I still hold that in very deep inside of me.  I don't think I have forgiven myself for taking for granted all the time that I could have had with her and didn't.  That will be a different post, not sure where that digression occurred, hehe.


As I was saying before, I don't consider myself to be the most religious person, but I do feel a close connection with God and the Angels that I feel protect me in my life.  I pray a lot.  More than most.  When I was younger I used to think God only spoke Spanish... being that I went to a Spanish-speaking church and always prayed with my mom in Spanish.  


Every night my prayer goes a little something like this (but in Spanish):


Dear God,


Thank you for today.  I'm thankful for my family and my dear friends.  I pray for my Mom and Dad, may they have peace in their hearts.  I pray for Eddie and Jenny, Noah and Ava.  May they have an open mind and make sound choices.  I pray for Jimi and Missy and baby Henry.  May they have the strength and the courage to bring a baby into the world.  I pray for Joe.  May he have peace in his heart and mind.  Bless his thoughts and actions so that he may find what he is looking for.  I pray for my mind that I make good sound decisions. I pray for my heart so that I may love purely all of those around me.  I pray for those who have no one to pray for them.  Lord, please guide my path and clear my mind of doubt.  I pray that my Abuelita be watching over me and help me to guide me on my path, should I go astray.  With all that I am, I ask for this. 


Amen.


Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment