25 February 2011

Day 02: a picture of the person you've been closet to the longest.

this is really hard for me. there are so many things to consider for this “honor” :)
first of all, if I go with the longest, there is no question that my dearest cousin Elva *teacher of the year 2010-2011* would win the award. since I can remember we have been the sisters we never had. when we were younger, we used to make up these elaborate dances in the front yard. we always asked our dads to play chess just to get a few more minutes of “hanging out time” and then “pretend” to fall asleep so we could spend the night. I always looked up to her, and she inspired me to become a teacher. she is the greatest woman I’ve ever known. I don’t know if I could have survived the things she has had to endure, and she always did everything with no complaints, no questions, but just because it was the right thing to do. even when we had our stints and I “HATED” her… I have never so passionately hated a person, lol. and it’s so funny because looking back, she always had my best interest at heart, which is more than I can say about other people. we go through our times when we don’t always talk and aren’t as close as we could be… but when you break out the rock band or american idol, we have a connection that is unparalleled. we both enjoy musicals and love Mama Mia. and at christmas time we thoroughly enjoy the singing of mariah carey among others. we have so many connections, so many memories, and so much grace through what has sometimes been a rocky relationship. she is my cousin, but she is more like my sister. ♥

now… if I had to go with friend who I’ve been closet to the longest, the winner is…*drum roll, please* Kate!
We met in 7th grade at Raytown South Middle School in gym class. I remember the first thing I ever asked her is if she shaved her legs, and how to do it! haha… we have had so many memories together. all the raves and the red bull… and red, white and boom. going “off” to college. her wedding. and through all of the trials and tribulations our “original” circle of friends has gone through, we have always remained tight. she is the family I chose. she has always been there for me, and I know that I can lean on her for anything. I hope she knows she can expect that same from me. I’m glad to have been able to share in her life. she has shown me so much and taught me things that I am embarrassed to write about… (at Samantha’s apartment when we were like 18). from playing soccer to playing volleyball, we have always been close. I’m so proud of her accomplishments in life. she was there for my family when my grandfather was in the hospital, and there is no other nurse I would trust in the world than her. Love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment