01 March 2011

Day 06: a picture of somewhere you've been.

Paris 2006
when I was in high school I had the honor of having Mrs. Bradshaw as my Spanish teacher. she was amazing. and also the classiest lady I had ever seen in my life. I'm sure she wears Chanel lipstick (and if you know me, I think that Chanel lipstick is about as classy as it gets). the summer of 2000 was amazing for so many reasons, but most of all, it was amazing because I went to Spain with Mrs. Bradshaw and some of my other classmates. I got to see 7 different cities over the course of 17 days. so many memories and such an amazing experience to have at the age of 17. it turned me into a life-long traveler. also, it inspired me to become a Spanish teacher. so my first year of teaching, I, along with the French teacher, planned a trip to Europe (france and spain). we took 18 students, a few parents, and my mom. :) it was awesome to have been given the opportunity to do as an adult what someone had done with me when I was in high school. this particular day, when the photo was taken, we "lost" a girl in the subway of Paris. she got on the wrong train and it was impossible to find her among the maze that is the metro system. after hours of searching, I came out of the subway station, looked up and saw this. it was beautiful. so I took a picture, and prayed that Brittany was ok. (she was fine. she had gotten off the subway when she realized she had gotten on the wrong train, took a cab back to the hotel, and called us to let us know). I long for the streets of Paris... I've been back twice. but I hope to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment